"I typed my life because I don't want to forget each moment. I'm Nurul Hidayah, 20. Muslimah. Malaysian
They don't even know that somehow words can be more hurt than bullets."

Saturday, September 29, 2012

DEAR JOHN

Dear John,


I don't know why, but I've watch this movie plenty of time. I am so attached with this movie. For me, it might not be that romantic as 'Titanic' and 'P.S. I Love You', but it's a movie that really amuse me with its story line. I never thought how the writer could come out with such a beautiful story like this, about the sacrifice of two people who are madly in love even though they've known each other just for 2 weeks. In love with a soldier, Savannah still keep herself to be strong when he's not around for a war. I never thought that there's a woman like that who still can wait for a guy that does not guarantee her that he's coming back. Each time when they've to be apart, the last word that will be said are "I'll see you soon, John" "See you soon". Well, I don't really know why do I feel so attached with this story, am I going to experience the same thing as Savannah and John? Haha, I don't know about that. Allah has written all of my life story and I'm going to let the time do it's job. I dreamed of to be a writer, and I hope I can write as beautiful as Nicholas Sparks did. I hope so. Memorable quotes from the movie; I wish I could write it all~

“Our story has three parts: a beginning, a middle, and an end. And although this is the way all stories unfold, I still can't believe that ours didn't go on forever.”

“I love you, not just for now, but for always, and I dream of the day that you’ll take me in your arms again.”

“I fell in love with her when we were together, then fell deeper in love with her in the years we were apart.” 

“I'm going to marry you one day, you know." "Is that a promise?" "If you want it to be.” 

“I love you, Savannah, and I always will," I breathed. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. You were my best friend and my lover, and I dont regret a single moment of it. You made me feel alive again, and most of all, you gave me my father. I'll never forget you for that. You're always going to be the very best part of me. I'm sorry it has to be this way, but I have to leave, and you have to see your husband." As I spoke, I could feel her shaking with sobs, and I continued to hold her for a long time afterward. When we finally seperated, I knew that it would be the last time I ever held her. I backed away, my eyes holding Savannah's. "I love you, too, John," she said. "Good-bye." I raised a hand.”

“No matter where it is in the sky... No matter where you are in the world... the moon is never bigger than your thumb. -John” 

*oh how I wish Aiman could understand this story.*

Love,
Nurul Hidayah.